Wednesday, March 7, 2007

What to do on your friend's birthday party

One of my best friends was really depressed about having her 30th birthday. It was something that she was not looking forward to and something she almost wanted to avoid. I tried everything to cheer her up. I wanted to take her and some of our friends to dinner and then a bar and she did not want to go. I even mentioned a strip club, just to try something different and she did not want to go.
Then I had a great idea, why don’t I throw her a surprise party, not just with her friends but with all the people that love and care about her. I wanted it to be different and special and her being an American Idol fan, I found the perfect thing.
I hired a karaoke group called Sing Out Loud Karaoke. I saw them once at a karaoke club that I went to in Burbank and they said they would go anywhere in the greater Los Angeles area.
I hired them and they put on a great show. They had more songs than any other DJ then I had ever been to and just to be able to have them sing, let us sing and make my friend smile, it was worth it.
Both of us work in the entertainment industry and have out offices in Hollywood. Ever since that party, we have invited Sing Out Loud Karaoke to our office parties and some of our kid’s birthday parties and religious events.
The great thing about them is they are mobile, they will come to your house or anywhere you want them too. It is not like you have to rent out a place and then they will come. They have reasonable prices and are very fun and nice people(see pics) to be around. I was very impressed and I suggest that if you ever have a party and want karaoke, I suggest www.singoutloudkaraoke.com.

No comments: