Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A smoking pill is not necessarily a good thing

Exercising now has a new benefit to it, it now can help you fight your tobacco addiction. Even walking for five minutes can help you fight your craving. Seeing this, doctors now are going to try and make a drug that could fight the same craving.
While I agree that this is great health news, I do not understand why you need a drug to help it. Why not just advise smokers to just exercise more, along with their normal alternatives to smoking.
This country and the world are too quick to want to find an easy fix to try and fix a problem. I think some people are a little too scared of a little hard work when trying to fix a problem. I think that is all people, smokers and non-smokers exercise more, then it would be beneficial.
When you get exercise, your body gets a lot of excellent value in it already. Then add the fact that exercising can help you kick your smoking addiction, then why do you need a pill for it? I do not see a reason why you automatically need a pill to just solve all of your problems.
While I do agree that a pill can become helpful to those who desperately need it or do not have the time to exercise, I feel that with the availability of a pill, it will lead to one person going from one drug to another.

No comments: