Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sleeping Pills are dangerous

Sleeping pills are some of the most dangerous drugs on this planet. Not only are they some of the most physically addicting things that I have ever took, they also make you mentally addicted.
When I say mentally addicted, I mean that I could not even begin to get tired if I did not take some of these pills. I could never fall asleep if I did not take a pill and sometimes, I would get nervous and scared if I did not take these pills because they were making me develop insomnia.
Physically, I mean it is just that I could never sleep if I did not take these pills and even when I did sleep, I would find myself sleepwalking and sometimes losing my memory while I was driving. My co-worker even said that I slept walked to the car one time while we were on a business trip.
I am glad that the FDA has ordered that warnings be put on sleeping pills because everyone should know the side effects that they have. I have also heard that some people have had massive allergic reactions to them.
Also, when you are on sleeping pills, they tell you not to drink or have anything that can make you tired, like turkey for instance. So you have to change your whole way of life if you decide to take sleeping pills.
Getting off them was not easy, I went to a therapist to talk about my problems. They I went to a sleep therapist to learn how to relax and fall asleep. I also began to exercise a lot more in the hopes that it would make me tired.
It took a while, but I did begin to wean myself off the pills and now can sleep a solid eight hours most of the time. If any of you are having sleeping problems, I strongly suggest that you look at all other options beside sleeping pills.

No comments: