Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Green Tea can help prevent lung cancer

I read a story that said green tea may fight lung cancer and could even help prevent it. I have been saying this for so long that there are so many nutritional benefits in tea, especially green tea.
A couple of years ago, I stopped drinking coffee and caffeine in general. I only drink tea and natural tea that does not have any caffeine in it. Ever since I made that switch, I have not felt better and have never been healthier.
The interesting thing was that about after a month of not drinking coffee, I was actually having an easier time waking up in the morning then when I did drink coffee. I think that once my body stopped its own addiction to the drug, it was ready to go without it. I guess it did its own version of detoxifying itself.
Tea does not give me headaches if I drink too much of it and sometimes it actually relieves headaches. I like to drink a good cup of Chamomile tea before I go to bed and it puts me right to sleep and I get a solid eight hours of sleep.
In the morning, I like a good cup of green tea or a little spicy cinnamon and it helps get my day going. Plus, I am not spending five dollars a day at Starbucks of the Coffee Bean. And now, I know that not only am I getting all of these benefits, but green tea may now fight lung cancer. I never heard any coffee that does all of these things.

No comments: